Letter 75 Light the World

Hey everyone!

It’s been a great week this week. I already mentioned the things that happened earlier like zone conference and thanksgiving so I won’t go into those. However, we did have some cool things happen these last couple days. On Friday we got to go to the temple with the sisters and their recent convert Michelle to do baptisms. Michelle asked Elder Hansen to be baptized for her father and it was a super cool experience. Another thing I learned is how needed Melchizedek priesthood holders are in the church. They needed help in the temple and put us right to work and it was super cool. 

However, it shows just how much the church is lacking willing priesthood holders to serve. With the new initiative to light the world a second time coming up. I would encourage you all to serve everyone around you but not only that. It is important that we express our gratitude for access to the priesthood by living worthy at all times and keeping Gods commandments. I am so grateful for the gift of the priesthood I have been given to bless the lives of others. It has been an amazing experience for me to be able to serve in the church and bless the loves of others. I would encourage all of you this Christmas season to go the extra mile in your service, whether you are a priesthood holder or not. The church needs willing hands to help and there are many others around us who need this help. We have a great responsibility as members of this church to fulfill our church callings and serve those around us. 

Also last Saturday I got to go on exchanges with the zone leaders. Elder Thornton came to my area with me and we had so much fun contacting people. He just came from Puerto Rico after the hurricane and had a lot of new ideas. We talked to so many people that day and served many people around us and it felt so good. Our numbers weren’t very high at all this week, but I felt like a true servant and representative of Jesus Christ. I have learned so much from my mission so far and have come to realize what a blessing  it has been to be here serving in California. There are so many people here who need help and so many people to talk to. All of these people have so many needs that only the gospel can meet. It will take every ounce of consecration we can muster if we want to successfully help those around us. 

I am so grateful for this church and this gospel and the many blessings of happiness it has brought to my life. I know it is true. I know without a doubt in my mind that the Book of Mormon is true, that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, and the Jesus Christ is the messiah and has redeemed us from this fallen state we live in. I am so grateful for him and because of this I want to do everything I can to serve him. I invite you all to do so as well. Have a great week lighting the world and serving!

Pics: Zone pics and temple 

No comments:

Post a Comment