Letter 40



Hey Everyone!

This week was pretty good. The struggle to find solid investigators is real but luckily, Madlena has been trying really hard to get her family involved and we started teaching her sister! She came to church and had a good experience so we are really excited to teach her and hopefully her family soon. 

I haven't had the opportunity to really teach a full family yet so this is really exciting! We also set one of our new investigators with a baptismal date last week so that was pretty cool! Unfortunately, she has been busy and we haven't been able to meet with her all week so we might need to drop it for now.

Nothing too big has really happened this week so that is about it. However, I have been trying to make my prayers more meaningful this week because I get into the habit of repetitive prayers and one thing I tried was keeping a notebook next to me and writing down promptings and ideas I get while I pray. I have discovered that Heavenly Father is answering a lot more of my prayers than I thought, I just had to think about and write down the answers I was receiving.

Next time you say a personal prayer, I encourage all of you to try this and really go to the lord with a question or concern in mind and write down promptings or ideas you receive and then act on those. I promise that the Holy Ghost will prompt you and help you find answers and help you improve.

I really like this quote from David A Bednar. "If you haven’t been rebuked by the Holy Ghost in your personal prayers lately, I’d recommend you improve the meaningfulness of your personal prayers. To be rebuked is to be corrected and counseled." Let's just say, I have been rebuked a lot more this week, and it is weird saying this, but it has been a good experience and I have learned quite a bit from it. 

Give it a try!
Love you all have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment