MTC: Letter 6



Hi Everyone!

It has been a very long week and I am so glad it is finally P-day. It was a good week, but it was really long. On Sunday at our devotional we had Elder Bednar come and speak to us. We watched the Character of Christ for the devotional and then afterwards he just walked in and we did basically a question and answer session for an hour. It was super cool and very powerful and we had front row seats which was awesome. 

Anyway, the reason this week was so long is because we were on exchanges and the amount of lessons we taught basically doubled. I don't know if I will be able to talk about everything that happened with Վահե և Լենա just because we taught them everyday but I will try. So I started this week off with Elder Tenny as my companion for the week. Elder Gray is still my companion I just plan and teach with Elder Tenny. It has been really difficult because we don't know each others teaching patterns yet so the first few lessons were terrible. Also we have different investigators so we taught his investigator Լենա and my investigator Վահե. I didn't really know where he was at with Լենա so it took some getting used to at first but we got it down and we have really gotten to know their needs better which is awesome.

It has also been a stressful week because we had to memorize the first vision in Armenian and so that took a lot of my study time that I could have had for planning. Fortunately, I did get it memorized which is awesome. We also had our last TRC this Friday with return missionary volunteers. I still taught with Elder Tenny and he really loves TRC and so we had a lot of fun with it. Next week, we have TRC Wednesday but we won't be teaching missionaries. We will be skyping people from Armenia. I am super nervous about teaching recent native converts especially over skype because for one we can't understand very much of the language anyway and two if skype starts breaking up it will be very hard to understand so lets just keep our hopes up that we will have a good wifi connection. 

Also, since I am going to California, they said I would not actually be teaching the Armenians in Armenia but they actually have someone from California ready for Elder Gray and I to teach. I thought that was pretty cool but I feel bad for Elder Gray because that means he won't get to teach someone from Armenia. He is still excited though. Well things sure are getting real now and it just gets more and more difficult each day but somehow we just keep going and we make it through. Thanks to the Lord we are learning this language at in extremely fast pace. I am so grateful to be out serving and I just can't wait to get into the field! Hope you all have a great week!

Երեց Ջենսեն





No comments:

Post a Comment